Sunday, October 28, 2007

Guess that Emotion

It's been quite an eventful couple of weeks. I had a nice trip to Milwaukee for an academic conference - the city wasn't too exciting but it was nice to meet some new colleagues and see some old friends. I had a nice little crowd for my presentation and I heard that it was well accepted.

I've really enjoyed spending time with the family since getting back. Below are some pictures of Adia and Sedona taken with my MacBook camera. I would give them an emotion or scenario and they would pull a face. For example, after telling them "you just smelled your sister's diaper" I took the following photo:










Now it's your turn to play:

Guess that Emotion


Rules: Each picture below is numbered. Add a comment with your guess of what I told the girls prior to them pulling the face. Just number your comments to correspond with the picture number.

#1









#2









#3









#4









#5









#6









#7









#8









#9









#10

8 comments:

Maren Hansen said...

#1: too loud
2: taking a dump
3: disapproval
4: silly face
5: stinky feet
6: pucker up, buttercup
7: mad
8: glamour shots
9: bored
10: laughing at someone

Derek said...

You were close on several, but you missed #4. What I really said was "look like your mother."

Laura said...

1. "Turn off Boobah!"
2. This is mid-hypnosis. They will wake up at your command.
3. If you're trying to teach your kids the sexy pose at such a young age, well, at least they're not catching on just yet. Give 'em a few years..Or at least 'til Pose #6.
4. Aliens are invading?
5. Pretend you have a painful planter's wart on the heel of your foot.
6. Uh oh...They're better at the sexy pose than I thought! Do they learn this at home?
7. Mosh pit at a rock concert
8. Stoners
9. "Dad, are we done with this picture game yet?"
10. Dad accidentally said a naughty word.

Derek said...

Wow Laura, those were better than the real thing

jules said...

La - You crack me up!! I'll play soon!

Lynn said...

If my brain wasn't fried, I'd play...but I'd say they all seem like teenage expressions I see everyday :) I enjoyed reading the other guesses.

Hope everything is going well...we should get together soon!

jules said...

1. "Make it STOP!"
2. I'm trying not to peek...
3. I am a Maryland snob.
4. There's a bug on my nose!
5. My foot got stuck in a "Twelve Dancing Princesses" pose!
6. I'm waiting for my handsome prince...and waiting...and waiting
7. My daughter just drew on the freshly painted wall with permanent marker
8. Laura wins on this one - they are totally stoners!
9. I'd rather be anywhere but here
10. Dad's paying me to laugh at his jokes

Maren Hansen said...

you've been tagged. i can't wait to read your stuff...